CLICK HERE TO VIEW A MAP OF COMPLETED ROAD RESURFACING WORK (2012-2016)
Click Here for More Information about Replacing Your Curb
For further information regarding the Street Maintenance Program, you may contact us via email at email@example.com or call (215) 785-2758
Snow Removal Information
Snow Clearing Rules and Regulations
If the storm is Large enough, roadways will be plowed several times. It takes on the average 10 to 12 hours for the Public Works Department to plow the Township roads after the snow has ended.
Keep in mind when shoveling your driveway that any shoveling done before the roadway is cleared edge to edge may be plowed back when the plow clears the roadway.
Please remove all obstacles from the edge of the roadway (i.e. basketball hoops). These items are not permitted according to the Zoning Code, to be in the public right-of-way. If they are there, they can cause major damage to our trucks and other vehicles might hit them as well.
Another problem is trash and recycle containers. If these are placed in the road, they are going to get hit by the plow.
PLEASE DO NOT PUT TRASH CONTAINERS IN THE STREET AT ANY TIME OF THE YEAR and remember to remove your vehicles after 1 hour of continuing snow fall because the Township Snow Ordinance requires this. When shoveling, snow blowing or plowing your driveway, DO NOT put the snow back into the streets. This is against the law to do and it leaves a road hazard for other motorists to try and drive through, leaving you liable if someone gets hurt.
1. The Bristol Township Public Works Department is not responsible for mailboxes damaged during snow plowing operations. Mailboxes should be a minimum of 1 foot from roads edge.
2. Keep a safe distance from snow plows.
3. Please remove all vehicles from the street when snow accumulation occurs.
4. Clean you sidewalk within 12 hours of snow fall.
5. If you have a fire hydrant on your property please be courteous and remove fallen snow off the hydrant.
Thank you for your cooperation.
Click here for a list of the state highways in Bristol Township
Send e-mail to the Public Works Department
Powered by Savvy Software