Permanent Drop Off Site
SUPSENDED AT THIS TIME DUE TO COVID-19
PERMANENT ELECTRONICS DROP-OFF SITE NOW IN BRISTOL TOWNSHIP
Due to a state law, the Township’s trash collector is NO longer able to accept computers (desktops and laptops), computer peripherals (such as keyboards or printers), monitors, and televisions.
HOW TO RECYCLE ELECTRONICS SAFELY
Residents and small businesses in Bristol Township may now drop off small electronics for recycling FREE at the outdoor electronics collection site at the Bristol Township Municipal Building, located at 2501 Bath Road. The drop off site is open weekdays from 8:30AM to 4:30PM, unless the Township is closed due to a holiday. No appointments are necessary. Anyone dropping off electronics MUST first stop at the Municipal Building Administrative Office and show a valid ID or a copy of a utility bill identifying that they are a business in the Township or resident of Bristol Township. Electronics may NOT be left outside at the Municipal Building or collection site when the facility is closed. Please note that the collection site is monitored 24 hours a day by the Bristol Township Police Department to prevent dumping or theft of materials. Please come prepared to remove your electronics from your vehicle yourself. For liability reasons, Township staff is unable to assist you.
Acceptable electronic items include:
• Laptops and tablets
• Computer Keyboards
• Computer Mice
Unacceptable Items include:
Stereos, speakers, cell phones and ALL HOUSEHOLD APPLIANCES including Refrigerators, Freezers, Microwaves, Air conditioning units, Dehumidifiers, Smoke detectors, Carbon monoxide detectors, Light bulbs (any variety), Washing machines, Dryers, Dishwashers, Small household appliances (i.e.vacuums, coffee brewers, fans, lamps, etc.)
• Any Freon containing appliance such as window air conditions or refrigerators
• Any fossil fuel or materials used in collecting fossil fuels.
• Lead Acid Batteries
• Any infectious or biological wastes or equipment that contained them.
• Any media contaminated with oil.
• Any liquid.
• Any chemicals, oils, or powders.
• Any equipment that contains chemicals of any kind.
• Any equipment that contains asbestos.
• Any equipment that contains radioactive components.
• Any materials that are not integral to the original new equipment or otherwise associated with normal commercial or household environments that could adversely impact our operations or result in environmental or health and safety concerns.
The Electronics Drop-Off Recycling Program is provided at NO COST to Bristol Township taxpayers, and, in fact saves the Township money via lower trash disposal fees, making it both an environmental and fiscal win.
Bristol Township is working directly with Reverse Logistics Group Americas, Inc. (RLGA) who is responsible for managing take-back and regulatory compliance for electronics manufacturers throughout the US, Canada and Latin America. RLGA works only with those companies who recycle the material according to the Pennsylvania Covered Device Recycling Act and the highest industry standards, of which include, R2, e-Stewards and NAID certification.
For additional information, please contact Joan Lamina at: 267-812-2950.